This recipe is a great way to use up any leftovers you may have for a delicious brunch.
10 whole eggs, whisked
250g leftover roast ham, shredded
250g leftover roasties, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
1 small red onion, peeled and sliced
½ Tsp Smoked paprika
- Preheat the oven to 180°c / Gas mark 4.
- Add the butter to a non-stick, oven proof pan, over a high heat. Fry the onions and peppers with a little salt for 5 minutes until caramelised, reduce the heat a little and add the potatoes, if you are using any pigs in blankets add these in with the potatoes to get them crispy. Continue to cook to get the potatoes crispy again, this should take about 7 - 10 minutes. Once the potatoes are crispy add the paprika, eggs and shredded ham to the pan, season and mix well with a spatula to ensure that the meat is evenly distributed.
- Slowly cook the egg over a medium heat, folding every 30 seconds until the eggs are half cooked.
- At this point put the pan into the oven for about 10 minutes until the egg puffs up and caramelises on top.
- To serve, give the pan a shake to loosen the omelette, cover it with a plate and carefully flip the pan and the plate over together. Remove the pan and allow the omelette to cool for 5 minutes before cutting into wedges to serve.