These tacos are filled with seasoned beef, lettuce, cheese and tomatoes. An easy dinner recipe that the whole family will enjoy, even your pickiest eaters! Includes a recipe for ground beef taco seasoning.
- Serves 4
- Preparation time 10 mins
- Cooking time 10 mins
Ingredients2 tsp vegetable oil
440g minced steak or lean minced steak
1 onion finely chopped
1 tsp chili powder
¼ tsp garlic powder
¼ tsp onion powder
¼ tsp crushed chilli flakes optional
¼ tsp dried oregano
½ tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp ground cumin
sea salt and cracked black peppercorns
½ tsp peppercorns
1 tin chopped tomato, drained
8 taco shells
Toppings: finely shredded iceberg lettuce, diced tomato, thinly sliced onion, grated cheese or cream cheese
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium high heat.
- Add the minced steak and break up with a spatula.
- Add the onion to the pan.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until the beef is done, and the onion softened, around 10 minutes.
- Add the chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, chilli flakes, oregano, smoked paprika, cumin, and salt and pepper to the pan. Stir to coat the meat with all the seasoning.
- Add the tomatoes to the pan and simmer for 2-3 minutes, until steaming.
- Spoon the beef into the taco shells and serve immediately with the toppings of your choice.