These juicy fresh boneless turkey crowns are superb for roasting, with pure breast meat and no waste. Generously stuffed with our homemade onion and sage stuffing. Wonderful value for money. Our ready to roast turkey breasts are fresh so are suitable for home freezing or you may choose to keep it in the fridge for up to a week as it comes vacuum packed
- Pat your piece of breast dry with kitchen paper, and allow to come to room temperature for at least 30 minutes. This helps it to cook evenly.
- Preheat your oven to 230°C / Fan 220°C / Gas 8. Place the turkey breast in a large roasting tin, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
Add a cup of water or wine to the tin to keep it moist during cooking.
- Cook the crown in the centre of the oven for 15 minutes. Reduce the temperature to 180°C / Fan 170°C / Gas 4 and continue to cook for a further 12 - 15 minutes per 450g (lb).Baste occasionally and be careful not to overcook!
- To check the turkey is cooked either use a digital meat thermometer, or pierce at the thickest parts of the breast and thigh with a skewer. The juices will run clear when cooked.
- Once cooked, let the crown rest before carving. Remove it from the oven, cover loosely with foil and rest for at least 30 minutes, to make it moist and tender all the way through.Keep any juices for the gravy.
- We recommend carving along the breast bone and down the ribs to remove each breast cleanly in one whole piece. The breasts can then be easily cut across the grain into even slices. Arrange all the meat onto a warmed serving platter - job done!