- Outdoor reared pork from Ireland
- So versatile for lunch boxes, buffets and picnics
Carve slice after slice of our delicious ham. Fully bake with a sticky glaze and ready to serve. The centerpiece to any Christmas meal or picnic
- To start, weigh your meat to calculate cooking times. You’ll need to cook for 20 mins per 450g/1lb plus 20 mins.
- Put the meat in a large pan, cover with cold water and bring to the boil, adding any flavourings you may wish eg cinnamon, bay, peppercorns, coriander seeds and onion.
- Boil for half the calculated cooking time, periodically skimming and discarding any white froth that comes to the surface.
- Drain, reserving the stock if you like, leave to cool a little. Remove the top layer of skin, leaving a thin layer of fat around the meat.
- Place in a foil-lined roasting tin, cover with foil and bake for the remaining cooking time at 180C/fan 160C/gas 4. Twenty to thirty minutes before the end of cooking time, brush with the glaze of your choice – a mixture of maple syrup and coarse-grain mustard is good. Cook uncovered until the glaze is