- Outdoor reared pork from Ireland
- So versatile for lunch boxes, buffets and picnics
Carve slice after slice of our delicious ham. Fully bake with a sticky glaze and ready to serve. The centerpiece to any Christmas meal or picnic
- To start, weigh your meat to calculate cooking times. You’ll need to cook for 20 mins per 450g/1lb plus 20 mins.
- Put the meat in a large pan, cover with cold water and bring to the boil, adding any flavourings you may wish eg cinnamon, bay, peppercorns, coriander seeds and onion.
- Boil for half the calculated cooking time, periodically skimming and discarding any white froth that comes to the surface.
- Drain, reserving the stock if you like, leave to cool a little. Remove the top layer of skin, leaving a thin layer of fat around the meat.
- Place in a foil-lined roasting tin, cover with foil and bake for the remaining cooking time at 180C/fan 160C/gas 4. Twenty to thirty minutes before the end of cooking time, brush with the glaze of your choice – a mixture of maple syrup and coarse-grain mustard is good. Cook uncovered until the glaze is
We are The Butchers Block, an independent family-run established in 1975. We have become one of Ireland's most respected butchers, supplying our loyal customers, with the very best of Irish meat rating highly in provenance, welfare, and flavour.
Our shops across the country, pride themselves on their friendly service, passion for good food, and combined years of expertise help customers get the best out of their meat, whatever their requirements. We are extremely proud of how far we have come and continue to strive towards being the best.
Local Irish Farms
Our meat is predominantly sourced from small farms, as well as our own. We only select breeds that are known for yielding the best meat in the world, with all natural diets and slow growth producing excellent marbling and fat content, allowing a superior depth of flavour. Sustainability is also a priority among our farmers – livestock on these farms contribute to a biodiverse landscape contrary to the destructive nature associated with much larger scale farms.
We are notoriously picky
Only the best of the best makes The Butcher's Block grade. Decades of experience go into inspecting every single carcass. The knowledge that goes into examining the muscle tone, fat covering and marbling of each animal is what sets us apart. If our expert inspectors don’t judge it to be absolutely perfect, they turn it away at the door.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.