Fresh turkey crowns (bone-in) are superb for roasting, with pure breast meat and minimal waste. Wonderful value for money.
- Pat your piece of breast dry with kitchen paper, and allow to come to room temperature for at least 30 minutes. This helps it to cook evenly.
- Preheat your oven to 230°C / Fan 220°C / Gas 8. Place the turkey breast in a large roasting tin, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
Add a cup of water or wine to the tin to keep it moist during cooking.
- Cook the crown in the centre of the oven for 15 minutes. Reduce the temperature to 180°C / Fan 170°C / Gas 4 and continue to cook for a further 12 - 15 minutes per 450g (lb).Baste occasionally and be careful not to overcook!
- To check the turkey is cooked either use a digital meat thermometer, or pierce at the thickest parts of the breast and thigh with a skewer. The juices will run clear when cooked.
- Once cooked, let the crown rest before carving. Remove it from the oven, cover loosely with foil and rest for at least 30 minutes, to make it moist and tender all the way through.Keep any juices for the gravy.
- We recommend carving along the breast bone and down the ribs to remove each breast cleanly in one whole piece. The breasts can then be easily cut across the grain into even slices. Arrange all the meat onto a warmed serving platter - job done!
We are The Butchers Block, an independent family-run established in 1975. We have become one of Ireland's most respected butchers, supplying our loyal customers, with the very best of Irish meat rating highly in provenance, welfare, and flavour.
Our shops across the country, pride themselves on their friendly service, passion for good food, and combined years of expertise help customers get the best out of their meat, whatever their requirements. We are extremely proud of how far we have come and continue to strive towards being the best.
Local Irish Farms
Our meat is predominantly sourced from small farms, as well as our own. We only select breeds that are known for yielding the best meat in the world, with all natural diets and slow growth producing excellent marbling and fat content, allowing a superior depth of flavour. Sustainability is also a priority among our farmers – livestock on these farms contribute to a biodiverse landscape contrary to the destructive nature associated with much larger scale farms.
We are notoriously picky
Only the best of the best makes The Butcher's Block grade. Decades of experience go into inspecting every single carcass. The knowledge that goes into examining the muscle tone, fat covering and marbling of each animal is what sets us apart. If our expert inspectors don’t judge it to be absolutely perfect, they turn it away at the door.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.